Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just overwhelm me

So I know Autumn technically begins in August. Being only a few years out of school I think I'm still allowed to consider September the beginning of the dark days. Leaving things to the last minute, as I often tend to do, I think September 1st is the perfect time to start looking for pieces to add to my Autumn/Winter wardrobe.
The Fall 2010 collections were some of the best I've seen for a while. There was so much to take in and so much that I fell in love with.
One thing I love about a fashion show is the designers creation of a muse, a character. A little trip inside the wardrobe of a woman. She has a personality and a flare, and for a season she is the Prada woman or the Mulberry girl. They use this character to describe their vision. 'She is classy' 'She is laidback' 'She is elegant.'
This 'she' is desirable and generally aspirational.

For A/W 2010 Matthew, I want to be the Reem Acra woman...
Reem Acra Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearReem Acra Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearReem Acra Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearReem Acra Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearReem Acra Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearReem Acra Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearReem Acra Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearReem Acra Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
And sure while we're at it, I'll be the Vanessa Bruno girl too...
Vanessa Bruno Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearVanessa Bruno Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearVanessa Bruno Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearVanessa Bruno Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearVanessa Bruno Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearVanessa Bruno Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear

We can dream...

Images via style.com

3 comments:

  1. I want to be the Reem Acra woman also. Love that collection!!:) SarahD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always see September as start of Autumn too! Boo to shorter days and less sun :(
    Love those photos tho'!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Vanessa Bruno...my A/W soft spot is for Burberry though. Can't wait to see S/S collections!

    ReplyDelete