Monday, July 19, 2010

We never thought it would be us

Crystal Renn news again.
She has become the face of Gaultier. Brilliant news and an excellent choice for a label which is crying out for someone with curves like Crystals.
She has also spoken out about the Fashion for Passion campaign which I wrote about a couple of weeks ago here.
This is the campaign
Crystal Renn for Fashion for Passion (Photography: Nicholas Routzen)

And this is what Crystal had to say about it

"When I saw the pictures, I think I was just silent for a good five minutes, staring with my mouth open. I don't know what was done to me in those photos, or who did it, but they look retouched to me. And listen, everybody retouches, but don't make me into something I'm not."

Straight up.

The photographer, Nicholas Routzen claims that a high angle and a wide lens were responsible. Sure, love.
I just don't know what to make of it. Retouching and airbrushing are just a part of the fashion industry. I have little problem with it. It might sound shallow but I would prefer to look at a beautiful image that has been touched up than a sloppy image which hasn't.
It's when it goes to extremes like this that I think it should be reigned in. She's beautiful. Let her be.

No comments:

Post a Comment