Monday, July 26, 2010

We've seen them all and we've chosen you

I'm well late with this one.
Mercury Music Prize 2010.
My favourite awards fo' sho'. Always my kind of music and usually my prediction wins. Haven't made my prediction publicly known before so perhaps I'm only going to embarass myself and be way off. Last years winner was a disgrace, no offence. Don't ya just hate when people say 'no offence' after offending you. 'Oh you meant no offence, well that's fine I won't bother fixing my hair today so. You priiick'
Here are the nominees.

Biffy Clyro 'Only Revolutions'
Villagers 'Becoming A Jackal'
Corinne Bailey Rae 'The Sea'
Mumford & Sons ‘Sigh No More’
Paul Weller 'Wake Up The Nation'
Wild Beasts 'Two Dancers'
Kit Downes Trio ‘Golden’
Laura Marling 'I Speak Because I Can'
Dizzee Rascal 'Tongue N’ Cheek'
Foals 'Total Life Forever'
I Am Kloot 'Sky At Night'
The xx 'xx'

I personally would like to see Villagers or The XX take home the prize.

Something tells me it could be Biffy Clyros year.
But, I despise that stuff so, rather than post a video of Mountains or some other rubbish,
I'll predict...
Wild Beasts

Who would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment